In the early 1900s, streets were typically a mix of clay and gravel. During the rainy
season, the horse-drawn buggies and wagons created deep ruts that had to be leveled
with a grader. Sealy’s first road grader was built in 1912 by the
Russell Grader Manufacturing Company in Minneapolis, MN.
Frank Koy was one of the early drivers of the oxen team that pulled Sealy’s grader. The
road grader was later pulled by a tractor.
In 2014, Michael Kubricht restored Sealy’s old road grader, which is now on display in
the Sealy Historical Park at 211 East Main Street in Sealy.
Comment
Comments